Retirement Planning

I'm a government worker and am thinking about retiring. I have contributed to a 457 Plan and want to know what my options are for taking this money?

When you leave your job, you have basically three options: You can take all the money and pay tax on the money without penalty; If you are under 70 1/2, you can take installments on the money; or if you are under 70 1/2 you can leave the money in the plan. To determine which choice is suitable for your situation, please contact a CPA in your area.

Need Professional Help?

If you need help with "Retirement Planning" or have other tax questions, we can help you find a local licensed tax preparer for a free, no-obligation consultation.