Update & Verify the Accuracy of Your Professional Listing
NEW Accept Payments from Clients on Your Profile PageNo monthly fees, no contracts, no setup or cancellation fees. Accept client payments on your profile, in your office, on your website or on-the-go using the mobile app.
The PTINdirectory is an online searchable database of federally licensed tax preparers used by individuals and business owners to find tax preparers authorized by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to prepare tax returns. If you have a Preparer Tax Identification Number (PTIN) issued by the IRS, you should verify the accuracy of the information provided.
Instructions for Tax Preparers
- Enter your last name, state and country of residence to search the database for your record.
- Locate your name and click on it to open your profile.
- Issue yourself a new username and password.
- Modify your profile as you wish.
- Get featured as the best tax preparer in your city (optional).
How We Safeguard Your Information
PTINdirectory allows the registered tax preparer the flexibility to control how much or how little information is available for the public to see. This was done to address the concerns of the tax professionals and respect the privacy of their personal information that they had provided to the IRS before they knew this information would be publicly available under the FOIA.
- A tax preparer’s actual PTIN was not made available under the FOIA, is not asked for by PTINdirectory and, for security purposes, PTINdirectory discourages tax preparers from providing this number for public display in their professional profiles.
- The email addresses of tax preparers are not accessible to the users of the PTINdirectory website. The email communication available in the featured listing is done without revealing the tax preparer’s email address.